Ladder Company 1

 

 In 1957 Ladder Company One running out of Central Station, 380 congress street received delivery of this Seagrave 75 foot aerial ladder. The Truck carried a compliment of 275 feet of ladders and a 100 gallon water tank, known as a booster tank with two preconnected one inch rubber hose lines. 

This piece which was placed in service on November 20, 1957 ran out of Central Station providing protection to Portland's downtown district, Munjoy Hill, Bayside and waterfront until 1970 when it was reassigned.

 
This 1957 Seagrave was a very dependable truck and recorded extensive response to alarms and saw heavy fire duty during its time in the PFD.

Back to Photos

 

Portland Fire Museum 2002 [Home]
The Museum is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Portland Veteran Firemen's Association. Tax Exempt Non Profit Organization  501 (c) 3 
http://www.northerndynamics.com